Monday, July 11, 2011

Dinner Tonight and Later - Chicken Spaghetti


Here is a recipe that I found on The Pioneer Woman website. I love Ree Drumond and the way she writes and photographs all of her recipes. I did alter this a bit. I thought I had more soup than I had and I wanted to beef up the chicken. The original recipe can be found here.

This is my version which is very close to the original. I cooked the chicken in a large glass casserole. Since I am oh so lazy I shredded the meat in the same casserole and used it to mix ingredients. I even used it to bake once I had removed half. Easy cleanup!


Chicken Spaghetti - Ree Drumond

Ingredients

Ingredients

  • 2 cups Cooked Chicken - my store sells in packs of a little over 1 lb and I used two full packs.
  • 1 box Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
  • 1 can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
  • 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/4 cup Finely Diced Green Pepper
  • 1/4 cup Finely Diced Onion
  • 1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained - I left this out
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper - I left out due to the kids
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
harp Cheddar Cheese

Preparation Instructions

Cook chicken breasts in the oven. I sprinkle mine with a little salt and pepper and spray with cooking spray. Cook at 350 degrees until done which varies based on the thickness of your breast. Cook spaghetti. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar. I used more stock since I used less soup. Split mixture in half and top each with equal amounts remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).


I baked one immediately in the original pan and the other I doubled bagged in a gallon freezer bag for later use. With bread this easily will make 2 casseroles that serve 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment