Friday, June 3, 2011

Intro to Freezer Meals - Day 1

Today we will give the basics of freezer foods. Being the summer this is the time I stock my fridge. I usually make freezer meals before school starts in the fall and during Christmas break. During this series, I will give you basic tips on how to freeze.

Day 1

Clean out your freezer.
I don't know about you, but this is huge. I have so much in my freezer that just wastes space. The first thing to do is clean it out and make room for all the yummy things you want to make. I suggest doing this the night before trash pick up. Believe me.

Get basic items when they go on sale.
Certain things are often in freezer meals. When they go on super sale make sure to stock up.
* good freezer bags
* aluminum foil
* throw away bakers (only if on super sale)
* chicken and beef stock
* rotel
* cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups
* pasta


Tomorrow - The best way to prep food for storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment