Saturday, September 4, 2010

Roast in the Crock Pot

Wednesday night was going to be super busy. Not only would I get home at 4:30, but we were going to have family over to relax before they had an even that night. What to fix to make everyone happy? Roast.

Easy Roast
First, I purchase an oven roast. I do whatever is on sale. The small package in the store easily feeds 5-6 people.
2 potatoes
1 onion
frozen carrots (in my freezer)
2 packets of gravy mix (I get McCormick Brown Gravy in the packet)

Open the two gravy packets in the crock pot. Add water into the crock pot. I fill the gravy packet up 4 times. Mix the gravy together.
Cute up the onion into wedges and put in the crock pot. Peel and cut the potato into cubes. Place it is the crock pot and toss in the gravy mix. Put a handful of frozen carrots into the pot as well. Place the roast on top and salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low. I end up leaving the meat in the pot for 9- 9.5 hours, not the usual 8 since I get home later. This seems to work even better.

Serve with saffron or yellow rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment