Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce

I have to say I adapted this recipe from my cousin. She publishes the Fairhope Foodie blog. She has some great recipes so check them out. She is on a semi-permanent vacation, but I was looking back at her older recipes. I found this chicken dish. I haven't made it in a while but I can guarantee it will be on the menu next week. I would serve with rice (Rice-a-Roni or Uncle Ben's) and garlic bread.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I purchase the cutlets)
2 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream (I used milk or Lactaid I have to admit)
1-2 tablespoon Dijon mustard


Trim chicken breasts of excess fat and pound slightly to tenderize and even out the meat. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chicken 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.

Add the chicken stock to the skillet, scraping up any brown bits. Stir in the milk and mustard. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. The original recipe says to add parsley here. Due to diet restrictions I don't, but feel free. Pour over chicken breasts and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment