Friday, September 10, 2010

Melt it Down - Crazy Crayons

I don't know about you but I have a TON of broken crayons around the house. I was about to throw them away, but I thought about something I did a while ago. I took a small microwave safe glass and put the pieces in the bottom. I put several of the same color next to each other. I did stack a little so the dish wasn't a think pancake. I slowly melted the crayons in the microwave (10 seconds at a time). This allowed the crayons to melt, but still hold a lot of the original color. I do put in the freezer so I can pop them out easily. This little project I think I will do during nap time tomorrow. Then in the afternoon we can have "Crazy Crayons" to color and write with.

If you have cute glass or tin molds this would be a great little favor for the kids class. You could do shapes or letters and numbers. Think about making a set for your child's letter or number of the week and send to her classmates. Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment